Knicole Emanuel Rappelling Down the Wells Fargo Building for Charity TOMORROW
Tomorrow at 11am, I will rappel down the Wells Fargo building in order to raise money for Special Olympics North Carolina (which is a charitable corporation near and dear to my heart).
The Wells Fargo building “is a 30-story 121.92 m skyscraper at 150 Fayetteville Street in Raleigh, North Carolina with 544,482 square feet (50,584.0 m2) of space. Completed in 1990, it was one of the downtown Raleigh’s two tallest buildings for nearly twenty years, and is currently third tallest.” See Wikipedia.
My wonderful law firm, Williams Mullen, paid the charity fee in order to give me the opportunity to (a) raise money for the Special Olympics; and (b) rappel down a building. My partner Mr. Fowler said, “Let me get this straight…we are paying money to put you in danger.” (I may be paraphrasing).
🙂 Yes. But it’s for the Special Olympics!!!
1. Am I scared? Yes. But, actually, my biggest fear is throwing up on spectators’ heads.
2. Have I ever rappelled before? Yes, but on a very small rock about 20 years ago. I have no idea how to do this.
3. Am I scared of heights? So-so. I like to think not, but whenever I’m very high, my heart leaps up my throat.
4. Am I insured? Yes.
5. Is my husband ok with this? Yes. I am insured.
6. Is my daughter ok with this? Yes. She is 8 and very upset that she cannot rappel down herself (she measures herself daily to determine whether she meets the height requirement to ride the roller coasters at Carrowinds).
7. Is my mother ok with this? No.
8. Will it be video-ed? I did not pay for that. My husband will have a phone and a camera.
9. What will I do to prepare? Nothing…remember, I have no idea what I am doing.
10. Will I look down? I have no idea. I’d love to think that I will be very dramatic rappelling down…jumping far from the building and doing acrobats, but the reality is that I will probably close my eyes and pray.
So, if you would like to see me possibly throw up on your head, please be at the Wells Fargo building downtown Raleigh tomorrow at 11am.
150 Fayetteville St., Raleigh, NC.
Posted on October 4, 2013, in NC, North Carolina and tagged Knicole Emanuel, North Carolina, Over the Edge, Personal, Raleigh, Special Olympics, Wells Fargo building. Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.