In which court do health care providers appeal a DHHS decision?

It depends.

For a Notice of Overpayment? Providers should request a reconsideration review and hire an attorney.

For a denial of endorsement? Providers have very limited time to appeal a denial. Hire a lawyer. Appeal as the denial explains.

For a Medicaid recipients’ rights? Most appeals will be to the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH).

About kemanuel

Medicare and Medicaid Regulatory Compliance Litigator

Posted on October 24, 2012, in Medicaid. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.

  1. Interestingly, even if a provider appeals the OAH decision (or reconsideration review decision) that appeal still does not go to NC Superior Courts.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: